Lavender Hill for Me is a community website working to support Lavender Hill, a neighbourhood in Battersea, London and a home to about 250 shops, restaurants and small businesses. We take an active interest in developments that could improve Lavender Hill for residents, traders and visitors.
- A new ‘Apart Hotel’ on Lavender Hill?
- Changes to the Lavender Hill / Queenstown Road junction to make it safer
- A new type of postbox, for parcels, arrives on Lavender Hill
- Update: Work to start on new access to Asda
- A tax cut for (some of) Lavender Hill’s shops and restaurants
- Clapham Junction’s new Christmas lights – brought to you by our local traders
- New entrance building proposed for Battersea Business centre
- A new bakery & four new restaurants for Lavender Hill
- An ‘accidental’ sculpture for Lavender Hill’s new urban park
- It’s Christmas tree time!
- Can you really rely on an electric car without a driveway to charge it in? A review of our local charging points.
- Local councillor constituencies are changing in Battersea: Say hello to the ‘Lavender’ Ward
- New cycle hire location on the way – south end of Cedars Road
- Are Debenhams & T.K.Maxx both closing?
- Three new Cafes for Lavender Hill: Howdy, Maiolica, and 2Love
- In pictures: Progress on Lavender Hill’s new urban park
- New Nando’s on Lavender Hill is up & running
- Battersea’s Post Office is being downgraded
- The betting shops are closing down…
- Sambrook’s Brewery is on the move
- Interesting new project on Wixs Lane
- Battersea’s newest street: Avery Walk
- Work starts on 26 new flats & four houses on the Gideon Road Estate
- Work starts on the urban park next to BAC
- A couple of vintage signs on Lavender Hill
- Lavender Hill Retail Roundup
- Concept proposals published for the complete redevelopment of Clapham Junction station
- Nando’s is coming to Lavender Hill
- 30 new flats and houses are on the way north of Lavender Hill
- An interesting mews development is being proposed at the back of IdeaSpace
- Improved access to Asda from Dorothy Road
- Whole Foods Market on Lavender Hill is growing
- Plans for a new urban park next to BAC
- Cleaning up Lavender Hill’s buses
- The parking meters are going contactless
- A few new arrivals on Lavender Hill
- New Co-op supermarket confirmed for Lavender Hill
- Is major redevelopment ahead at Asda on Lavender Hill – and at Clapham Junction station?…
- ‘Winterville’ organisers behaving badly – by shamelessly flyposting on local shopfronts!
- Advertising hoardings masquerading as phone boxes
- Lavender Hill streetscape upgrade works complete – a big improvement
- Lavender Hill: goodbyes & new arrivals
- A new NHS hub in the Falcon Road PCS building?
- Is the Co-op returning to Lavender Hill?
- Lavender Hill Police Station – not closing, but probably moving
- OBike – another cycle hire scheme comes to Lavender Hill, but will it work?
- Ghost of the Pearl Assurance Co
- Repaving Lavender Hill
- Rebuilding Clapham Junction Lidl
- Sprucing up Lavender Hill’s pavements
- Large advertising hoardings masquerading as phone boxes
- Banning estate agent boards – has it worked?
- Protecting Lavender Hill’s pubs
- New arrival: Sendero Coffee
- Lavender Hill
Category Archives: Planning
Works are about to start in Lavender Gardens to create a new access path to Asda from the Dorothy Road – straightening the pathway and removing the steps. We first reported on this small but helpful project back in … Continue reading
The new four storey building would fill the gap between buildings on Lavender Hill that currently accommodates the entrance and security hut – creating a proper security office, as well as three floors of open plan offices above (242 square … Continue reading
We see all manner of clumsy opportunist proposals for new buildings in the Lavender Hill area, especially when it’s a case of landlords trying to cram as many tiny and dark flats in to a space as possible – but … Continue reading
A while back we reported that Wandsworth Council is planning to start work on the building of 26 flats and 4 large houses, spread across seven different buildings mostly on “spare” bits of land in the Gideon Road Estate. These … Continue reading
We’ve known for a while that there are long running plans to improve and potentially redevelop Clapham Junction station – to handle overcrowding in the station itself, as well as the bottleneck that the current platform and track layout creates … Continue reading
We’ve been wondering what was on the way at the former Wimpy / Steers / Chicken Cottage, next to Debenhams on Lavender Hill. The builders have been in for a couple of weeks now – and it’s clearly a big … Continue reading
In one of the largest developments on Lavender Hill for some time, Wandsworth Council is planning to start work on the building of 26 flats and 4 large houses, spread across seven different buildings mostly on “spare” bits of land … Continue reading